Monday, December 1, 2008

Visiting Grandma & Grandpa Naraghis :: Visitando a los abuelitos Naraghis









Hi everyone, wondering where am I? I am in Santa Cruz, Bolivia!! My first trip down the Equador to see Grandma & Grandpa Naraghis, and also my first time separated from my Dad more than a day! Well, things are good, we had a good trip, I enjoyed the planes a lot, I also loved the airports and the many many people I saw, I almost waved at everyone I saw or met! And it was great seeing other children traveling, for example the children of a play ground I befriended in the airport in Dallas, or a little girl my age who came to me and shook my hand just coming out the airplane there, or Liliana, a girl a month older traveling with her mom also to Santa Cruz, with whom we played until we got very tired in Miami! It was very nice flying, I nursed when departing or arriving and most of the time I slept on my Mommy´s lap. The only part that wasn´t that good was when we landed in La Paz, and we had to wait more than an hour for the plane to be cleaned, refilled of fuel and food, and passengers. I woke up from a 6 hours flight and was happy playing when the altitude sickness kicked in and I puked!! First time I actually did that, wasn´t pleasant at all, and I started looking pale, then green and finally purple, so Mom asked for oxigen and I kind of started feeling better, and it was time to go. At the airport my Grandpa Sia was waiting as well as my aunt Olivia and great aunt Roxanita. When

Oh! Let me tell you this place is lovely but very hot, the day we arrived it was warm but good, then it got really really hot, so I really didn´t feel like eating or nursing, but still I had my water, and now it is okay, it is almost a week I am here so today I am feeling more used to the weather. At the beginning I was sleeping in a room with AC but today I am trying to just be "room temperature" so the continuous change won´t make me get sick. I can tell you that the heat is getting the grown ups sick, my Mommy is sick since Thursday and today Grandma Carmen got sick. They are really taking good care of me, so I will stay healthy.

So far I have met my Great Grandma Elenita, most of my great aunts & uncles, and many of my aunts. On Sunday many of my family members came for lunch and they brought me toys for presents, so now I am happy playing with them! :)

I wish everyone happy days, either starting winter days or summer days, like here!!
Bahia <3

No comments: